Sometimes, the hardest questions are the obvious ones. Like for example, I remember many years ago when I was working with a sales & marketing specialist, and I was asked who I thought my ideal client was. Well, imagine my embarrassment when I had to admit I didn’t have the first clue!
Times have changed, and Octane has moved on. I know the who, the why, the where and the how.
But then another bunch of obvious questions came along. This time, from an unexpected but no less pleasant source.
So it looks like I got tagged by the ever-active Dania, and the meme is: 5 reasons why I ‘blog.
- Because I have a passion for technology and how technology impacts on the lives of you, me and everyone else, whether we know it or not. I love taking disparate, unconnected technologies and technology trends and looking at some point in the future where they might or might not meet.
- I genuinely enjoy writing. I’ve written one novel and have started two more, which I really need to finish off, by the way.
- To me, ‘blogging is a way of storing all of my ideas, but in a very social sense. So there’s a collective knowledge, if you like. And similarly, the same is true of every other ‘blog out there. So we all learn and benefit from the experiences of everyone else.
- Meeting people beyond the confines of my own geographical region. So as well as meeting Dania from Zurich, Switzerland, I’ve also met people in Colombia, the US, Nova Scotia on the fringes of Canada, Germany, Italy, most parts of Scandinavia, Bulgaria, Turkey .. the list goes on.
- Because ‘blogging is very different, while at the same time similar to what I do for a living. Sometimes I veer away from, sometimes I’m drawn towards. But the great thing is, there’s variety in what I write about, and my opinion might just make a difference.
Right, I get to pick 5 others.
But who? Hmm.
Tell you what: if you want to pick up the baton and run with it, then say so in the comments…