This whole web widget thing is well worth a while for Wayne to wonder about the where, what and why.
On the one hand, how many widgets does one need? While on the other, what happens when widgets wave au revoir to the web and wonder on over to the ones’ Windows desktop?
Or the Mac desktop, too?
“Thanks to the Adobe Apollo platform, you can now take the power and interactivity of the yourminis widgets and bring them to your desktop!”
However, a knowing nod to Netvibes is never more needed:
“The long-awaited Netvibes Universal Widget API has been released today!
… [And have your widgets running] on Google IG and Apple Dashboard. As promised, more platforms are currently in the process of being supported. The Opera and Vista support are just a few weeks away.”
And if you chose to take the time to tune into the YouTube clip of the Netvibes UWA in action, you’ll see what I mean.
All of this widget stuff is leaving me a little tongue-tied…
- Netvibes announce the Universal Widget API
- Desktop Widgets Available
- Adobe Media Player debuts
- Apple Safari, Adobe Apollo in web app tie-in
- Netvibes Universe goes live
- Netvibes Universe, Box.net embedded
- Meebo, Box.net make Netvibes viable
- Google Personal versus Netvibes